Formerly The Convent of the Sacred Heart - classic gothic revival architecture - was built as a day and boarding school for girls beginning in 1913.
Today, St. George's is a private boys school.
In May of 2011, a 4-year heritage restoration project began. We completely replaced the roofing and flashing components, including slate, modified SBS and shingles. As well, the replication of the original copper works, including hoppers, gutters and decorative elements.
In 2015 St George's received a City of Vancouver Heritage Award.